In this blog post we will show you what personal information is stored on Cryptoucan™ and how you can modify it using Thunderbird on Windows. We’ve already published a video on this topic but we also wanted to provide a step-by-step guide in text form accompanied by pictures of each step.
Although Cryptoucan™ has laser engraved customizable markings on the backside, it can be handy to have editable user identification, too. We understand that our device can be bought by companies that do not want to permanently assign the tokens by engraving user’s name on it. That’s why you can have holder’s name inside. This gives you the opportunity to re-use tokens.
Picture 1: Laser engraving on the backside of the device
So what else can you edit here?
You will find out here how to save your personal information!
Picture 2: OpenPGP SmartCard Details window in which you’ll fill out your information
If you want to see the video in which we show the whole process, click here!
And that’s all for this week’s blog post! See you next time!
Thank you for reading!
1. More info: https://trustica.cz/en/2019/02/14/cryptoucan-engraving-customizations/
2. More info: https://trustica.cz/en/2019/02/21/cryptoucan-usage-first-look/
3. More info: https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/
4. More info: https://www.enigmail.net/index.php/en/
5. Wikipedia: List of ISO 639-1 codes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes